The CCMC designed the audition process to be purposefully relaxed. Although highly desired, neither choral experience, vocal training, nor the ability to read music are required to sing with Capital City Men’s Chorus.
For the audition, the Artistic Director will vocalize each singer and ask them to sing the last section of The Star Spangled Banner, starting at “and the rockets red glare”. With this information, the Artistic Director will place each singer into the proper section (Tenor I, Tenor II, Baritone, or Bass). Optionally, the singer will be given the opportunity to sight-read a short melody to demonstrate further abilities.
In order to sing with the CCMC, each singer must verify that their schedule meshes successfully with the rehearsal and performance schedule. After schedule verification, the audition will be scheduled. The rehearsal and performance schedule:
- Rehearsal on Mondays, January 14 – May 13, 2019 from 7-9.45 pm
- Our attendance policy allows 3 absences per semester, and an additional 2 absences may be excused by attending sectional rehearsals
- Sectional rehearsals TBD
- Cabaret Show, February 16, 2019, 5 pm call and show 7-10 pm
- Spring Show Technical Rehearsals, May 14 & 16, 2019 from 7-10 pm
As a social non-profit organization, members of the CCMC pay modest fees. Need-based scholarships are also available upon request, as we believe money should not be a barrier to singing with the CCMC.
- Annual Membership Dues $25 (covers the season from August – May each year)
- Semester Performance Fees $65 (paid for August – December and then January – May)
To schedule your audition or ask any further questions about the audition, please contact the CCMC Membership Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Auditions (and rehearsals) are at Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway, Austin, TX 78751, not affiliated with the CCMC.